Monday, February 23, 2009

A Morning With the Big Leaguers

I was told last week by our GM and my highest-ranking boss in Florida, Shelby, that I was to go over to the Blue Jays Training Complex on the other side of town to help out with some pictures that were going to be taken. I didn't know anything about this except that I would be working with the media staff from Toronto.

It ended up being a sweet morning.

I got there about quarter to 8 and found out that I would be guiding the players from one picture taking spot to the next. I mean ALL the players. This includes all the Major Leaguers along with the other invitees to Spring Training. Upwards of 70 players. So starting with J.P. Arrencebia and ending with Scott Rolen, I was able to meet and greet basically every player associated with the Toronto Blue Jays today.

While I was basically just another face on the staff, I was very happy with the fact that so many of them were so personable. Some of them were downright hilarious, including some of the more well known players. It was a good experience for me because I got a chance to be in more of my element and I was able to interact with the players. Plus, the people I worked with in Toronto (like all of them are) were great and they really just kinda let me get into my groove and work within their little circle they had set up.

I know I'm going to be seeing more of the players as they come in on Wednesday, and I might even get to know them a bit better, but for right now, I'm happy that I was able to get some media back into my work. I had been missing the fact that I couldn't be talking to players or around them in a locker room and hear them talking about baseball stuff, so me being able to be a part of it really makes me happy.

T-minus 38 hours til first pitch. I'm ready for this. Let's do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment